Purchasing volume increased slightly
The purchasing volume corresponds to the contractual obligation whichroup has entered into with suppliers. On subsequent realization these become capital expenditures or expenses (mainly cost of materials and other operating expenses). The purchase volume amounted to 16.7 in the first half of 2018 (in the first half of 2017: 14.5 ).
- In the area of freight and forwarding services, the purchasing volume remained at a consistently high level of €5.2 billion (in the first half of 2017: €5.2 billion).
- For industrial products, the purchasing volume increased to €4.0 billion, compared to €3.2 billion in the first half of 2017.
- Construction and engineering services recorded an increase of €3.2 billion (in the first half of 2017: €2.5 billion).
- Third party services also increased to €2.8 billion (in the first half of 2017: €2.2 billion).
- Cable- and pipe-bound power and fuels increased slightly from €1.4 billion in the first half of 2017 to €1.5 billion in the first half of 2018.
The share of local purchasing volume in Germany increased to 86% (in the first half of 2017: 84%).